Tuesday, September 25, 2012

hair chalk.

Source


I have to say that I'm a bit of a Jekyl and Hyde. During work hours I prefer a more classic look, but after hours I like to express my wild side. But you have to agree with me that there are some things you just can't do. It's sad, but I'll never be able to tune into my Jersey roots and get a leopard print tattoo on the side of my face. And, although Vogue says I should, I can't get neon colored highlights. WAIT!!!! Yes I can...Thanks to Lauren Conrad, I can conjure up the likes of my boy band favorites and frost the tips of my hair with white chalk, or pink, or blue, or purple. Even better, I can wash it out the next day and look like your typical career-driven professional woman. Ok, I'm getting a bit giddy now. I'll stop.

But not before I tell you how to do it yourself! 

Items:
Sidewalk Chalk (The huge kind)
Water
Flat Iron

1. Choose your sidewalk chalk colors.

2. Wet the tips of the sidewalk chalk you'll be using. 

3. Color small chunks of your hair with the chalk in a downwards motion. Start from the middle of your strands for a more modern look.

4. Set your color in with a hot flat iron.

5. Wash out Sunday night!

1 comment:

Carm said...

oh boy. risky but so cute and fun. Why not? it's washable, that's the important thing.