Tuesday, July 17, 2012

splurge v. save.

Proactiv Solution 3 Step System Kit, 2 Month SupplySt. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control - 10 oz..Opens in a new window

Proactiv is a great product. Some people love it, live by it, and even say it's saved their lives. I've tried Proactiv, and liked it very much. I have regular combination skin, and found that, at first, it tended to dry out my skin. So I started using it once every two days before bed instead of twice a day every day, like they suggest. I supplemented it with a lighter face wash in the mornings. It worked very well -- until I started noticing that whenever I stopped using it, I got these terrible breakouts. I later learned that Proactiv users all over the world have found this to be true. So, I decided to switch to a new product. 


I've been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for a few weeks now, and it is wonderful. I've stopped using it for 2 days at a time just to see the effect, and I don't get the same breakouts I've gotten using Proactiv. It's a pretty rough scrub that makes you feel like it's working, but it's thick consistency moisturizes the skin very well. The smell isn't overpowering. And, although it says to use 3 times a week, I think it works great as a daily face wash. The biggest selling point is that at $20 a month for Proactiv versus the $3 at Target for St. Ives, I'll take St. Ives any day. 


The verdict is in: SAVE!   

No comments: