Tuesday, June 5, 2012

prim and proper stripes.

Prim and Proper Stripes


Knit jacket, $37; H M clutch handbag, $20; Pim Larkin Colette Dress, $69; Heart earrings, $18; Forever 21 stone necklaceTinley Road pearl jewelry, $19; $8.80; H&M flat shoes, $24.95


I present to you the fourth blazer week post, and I hope you love it as much as I do. My favorite item in the collection are the flats. There's something so luxe about them, and they're only $24.95.   

One note about wearing dresses to work: Any dress, or skirt for that matter, should not be shorter than 1 inch above the knee, or longer than 1 inch below. 

It's a great idea to take a look at the measurements posted on the website. The Piperlime website claims this dress is 38 inches. To make sure this fits, I measure from my adam's apple down to my knee to see that 38 inches works. I'm 5'4", and I tend to find that anything at the 36 inch range is ideal. However, if you're curvier, 36 inches may be too short. It all depends on your body type, which is why everyone should learn to measure themselves in order to make the most of their online shopping. 

Dummies has a great description on how to measure your own body: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-get-your-body-measurements.html

ciao!

No comments: